Terms and conditions
By registering your team in the Albury Wodonga Big Splash (the Event) you (and your parent or legal guardian if you are under 18 years of age) agree with the following terms and conditions on behalf of your team:
Acceptance of Terms
- The Albury Wodonga Big Splash is being held at the Albury Swim Centre. The management of the centre has control of the property and the activities being conducted on site including the behaviour of participants in the Event.
- The Event is hosted by the Albury Water Polo Club who are responsible for co-ordinating the smooth running of the activities, including the collection of donations at the centre entrance, entertainment, announcements, race calling, design and scheduling of swimming events. The Albury Water Polo Club will work closely with the management of the Albury Swim Centre and other support groups with the primary objective being the safety of all participants.
- The Albury Water Polo Club will be arranging the Albury Amateur Swimming Club and the Ovens & Murray District Swimming Association to officiate the relay races to ensure they are conducted fairly. Their decision on race results and disqualifications is final.
- St John’s first aid, Albury Swim Centre management life saving staff and the executive of the Albury Water Polo Club will ensure water safety on the course and have the right to determine whether a swimmer may continue to participate in the Event.
- All swimmers in each relay team must attend the mandatory race briefing held 10 minutes before the start of each relay race in the marshalling area.
- In the event of any swimmer getting into difficulty, other swimmers must stop to assist and summon a life saver.
- In the event of dangerous conditions (such as lightning) the organisers may cancel the event. No refunds will be issued.
The Albury Water Polo Club Inc. and the Albury Swim Centre management are covered by their own separate public liability insurance policies. This does not include personal accident insurance. It is recommended that you take out your own personal accident and ambulance cover for the Event. Your private health insurance policy may include this, but you will need to check with your insurer.
Waiver & Indemnity:
All entrants should be aware that taking part in an event of this nature involves a degree of risk including that of injury and drowning. The Event may be physically demanding for some participants and entrants should ensure they have undertaken sufficient training prior to the Event.
On behalf of the team I am registering, I hereby release and forever discharge each of the Albury Wodonga Big Splash organisers, its officers, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, landholders and sponsors from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever which I, my executors or administrators or any other person has or might assert against any of them arising from, in relation to, incidental to or by virtue of any injury, loss or damage suffered or sustained by members of our team in connection with our participation in the Event or at any time when we are near the Event.
I hereby indemnify and hold harmless and shall keep indemnified and held harmless each of the Event’s organisers, its officers, agents, contractors and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from, in relation to or by virtue of:
(a) Any injury, loss or damage sustained by members of my team
(b) Any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default on our team’s part, in connection with our participation in the Event or at any time we are near the Event.
This waiver is a risk warning. I hereby agree that I, along with other members of my team, are responsible for our own personal accident and ambulance cover.
We hereby agree to allow our photographs, video, multimedia or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the Event organisers, sponsors or others.
I have read this form and on behalf of my team, we agree to abide by all Event rules and the directions of all Event officials. I will also ensure that a copy of these terms and conditions have been provided to each member of my team.
On behalf of my team, we acknowledge the Event is being organised as a local fundraising initiative for the purposes of raising awareness for youth mental health and we will make every effort to ensure our conduct is such that every participant is able to enjoy the Event in the spirit in which it is intended.